CASA OF YELLOWSTONE COUNTY
To advocate for a safe and permanent home for abused and neglected children in Yellowstone County.
To provide a highly trained volunteer Advocate for every abused and neglected child in the Yellowstone County court and foster care systems.
Boldness, Cultural Awareness, Engagement, Professionalism, Teamwork/Collaboration, Transparency
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT JOB DESCRIPTION
The Administrative Assistant provides technical and operational program support to the Development Director
and Executive Director. This role assists the Development Director with fundraising activities, donor
cultivation, data management, financial management and events. Additionally, the Administrative Assistant
provides general office support and is responsible for basic office operations including answering phones and
directing calls, ordering office supplies and ensuring the office runs smoothly.
REPORTS TO: Development Director.
SALARY RANGE: Full-time position, non-exempt, $14/hr + benefits.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• A minimum of 2 years of administrative or office experience
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, Publisher, Outlook.
• Experience in social media marketing preferred
• Demonstrate strong skills in project management, computers and database management, time
management, organization, prioritizing, writing, creativity, collaboration, attention to detail and
accuracy. Able to transition into new projects and jobs with ease.
• A passion for working with volunteers and an understanding of child abuse and neglect and families in
• Able to maintain strict confidentiality.
• Background check will be conducted.
DUTIES MAY INCLUDE:
(Some duties will be performed as a team working cooperatively with other staff.)
1. Field calls regarding fundraising or related activities and forwarding to Development Director as needed.
2. Manages donor database
3. Manages grant tracking and reporting.
4. Assists in grant proposals in support of ongoing operations and in support of identified needs for
5. Assists in donor newsletters, appeals and other communications
6. Coordinates donor meetings, office visits and solicitation calls with Development Director as
7. Participates in ongoing relevant professional development opportunities.
1. Assist Development Director in recruitment events, includes but is not limited to; volunteer fairs, health
fairs, conventions, conferences and venues determined to be appropriate for program advertisement and
2. Responsible for inputting new volunteer recruitment information into Optima.
3. Responsible for participating in (as needed), scheduling and coordinating team interviews of new
4. Assist the Training Coordinator, as needed, with screening procedures including application, reference
checks and background checks and ensuring all are completed in each new volunteer file.
Office and Administrative Support:
1. Provide administrative support to the Development Director as needed.
2. Help Development Director in coordinating schedules and setting up committee meetings (Core Values,
3. Assist Executive Director with accounts payable, bimonthly
4. Responsible for the initial receiving and entering all incoming monies into the donor database and
generating thank you letters.
5. Provide office coverage including answering incoming calls
6. Oversees, manages and/or delegates general office operations (office supply ordering, communications
with paper shredding, water delivery, etc.).
7. Lead and oversee file sharing system clean-up (SharePoint clean-up and organization).
8. Other duties as assigned.
In order to apply for this position, please send your cover letter, resume, and application to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Incomplete application packages will not be considered.
CASA provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees based on qualifications and abilities without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or any other protected status. This policy applies to recruitment and placement, promotion, training, transfer, retention, rate of pay and all other details and conditions of employment.