CASA OF YELLOWSTONE COUNTY
The Program Coordinator provides supervision and support to CASA volunteer Advocates. The Program Coordinator ensures that children involved with CASA receive sound advocacy and early permanency planning. The Program Coordinator is hired by the Program Director and reports directly to the Program Director who is responsible for his/her performance evaluation.
REPORTS TO: Program Director
COMPENSATION: Non-Exempt, Hourly, 32-40 Hours/Week, $17hr, paid time off, health insurance, and retirement plan benefits
- Bachelor’s degree in human services related field or equivalent combination of training and
- Demonstrate strong skills in public speaking, organization, collaboration, interpersonal relationships, trainings and small group
- Experience working with volunteers
- Understanding of child abuse and neglect, families in crisis, and child development
- Knowledge of court appointed special advocacy and other social service skills
- Experience in Microsoft Word, Excel and
- Must complete CASA Advocate training within six months of
- Background check will be
DUTIES MAY INCLUDE:
(Some Duties will be performed as a team working cooperatively with other Program staff.)
- Review new cases and assign volunteers based on set criteria.
- Maintain at least monthly contact with each assigned volunteer including Peer Coordinators.
- Provide supervision, assistance, and consultation for CASA volunteers, including Peer Coordinators.
- Review/Edit monthly and hearing reports of assigned CASA volunteers, assist Peer Coordinators as needed.
- Conduct annual evaluations for assigned CASA volunteers including Peer Coordinators.
- Maintain a calendar of court dates and inform volunteers of dates in a timely manner.
- Appear for volunteers at court dates, hearings, and meetings when necessary.
- Maintain accurate electronic and paper case files and records.
- Consult and advise Program Director of volunteer or case issues and concerns.
- Attend workshops and conferences for professional development as appropriate.
- Provide office coverage as needed.
- Some out of town travel and evening and weekend work are required.
- Other duties as assigned by the Program Director.
In order to apply for this position, please send your cover letter, resume, and application to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Incomplete application packages will not be considered.
Nothing in this job description constitutes an employment contract. Employment with CASA of Yellowstone County is at-will and not for any fixed period of time.
CASA provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees based on qualifications and abilities without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected status. This policy applies to recruitment and placement, promotion, training, transfer, retention, rate of pay and all other details and conditions of employment.