CASA of Yellowstone County is seeking a dynamic, outgoing professional to serve as Program Coordinator, Intake Specialist. The Program Coordinator, Intake Specialist provides supervision and support to CASA volunteer Advocates and manages incoming/priority cases. The Program Coordinator ensures that children involved with CASA receive sound advocacy and early permanency planning. The Program Coordinator is hired by the Program Director and reports directly to the Program Director who is responsible for his/her performance evaluation. SALARY RANGE: Non-Exempt, Hourly, Rate DOE. The Program Director establishes the Program Coordinator, Intake Specialist’s schedule as determined by program needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in human services related field or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Demonstrate strong skills in public speaking, organization, collaboration, interpersonal relationships, trainings and small group facilitation.
- Experience working with volunteers
- Understanding of child abuse and neglect, families in crisis, and child development
- Knowledge of court appointed special advocacy and other social service skills preferred.
- Experience in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Must complete CASA Advocate training within six months of hire.
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
DUTIES MAY INCLUDE:
(Some Duties will be performed as a team working cooperatively with other staff.)
- Review new cases and assign volunteers based on set criteria
- Maintain at least monthly contact with each assigned volunteer
- Provide supervision, assistance, and consultation for CASA volunteers
- Review/Edit monthly and hearing reports of assigned CASA volunteers
- Conduct annual evaluations for assigned CASA volunteers
- Maintain a calendar of court dates and inform volunteers of dates in a timely manner
- Appear for volunteers at court dates, hearings, and meetings when necessary
- Maintain accurate electronic and paper case files and records.
- Consult and advise Program Director of volunteer or case issues and concerns.
- Responsible for initial review of affidavits from social workers upon case filing, maintains the case priority list as the staff liaison with the Department of Child and Family Services.
- Attend pre-hearings, permanency, or other relevant meetings for monitored/priority list cases.
- Participate in Yellowstone County Pilot Court Pre and Emergency Protective Services Hearings to bring the child’s perspective to the court and collect case information to the program for possible Advocate assignment
- Check and manage “casaadmin” email box, for all court documents and discovery
- Attend workshops and conferences for professional development as appropriate.
- Assist with the coordination of volunteer advocate recognition/appreciation events and activities.
- Provide office coverage as needed.
- Some out of town travel and evening and weekend work are required.
- Other duties as assigned by the Program Director
In order to apply for this position, please send your cover letter, resume, and application to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Incomplete application packages will not be considered.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and application via email to: email@example.com or mail to: P.O. Box 688, Billings MT 59103.
CASA provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees based on qualifications and abilities without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or any other protected status. This policy applies to recruitment and placement, promotion, training, transfer, retention, rate of pay and all other details and conditions of employment.
Nothing in this job description constitutes an employment contract. Employment with CASA of Yellowstone County is at-will and not for any fixed period of time.