No special experience or education is required, but the following are good traits for a CASA to have:
- A commitment to children
- Objectivity and responsibility
- Good communication skills (both phone and email)
- Open minded
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Some of the requirements of becoming a CASA are:
- 21 years or older
- Attend an Information Session. See the schedule below.
- All potential volunteer advocates go through an interview process
- Once you have interviewed, you will go through a 30+ hour training. This training is partially online.
- Must be able to pass an extensive background check
Upcoming 2018 Information Sessions:
- June 25 5:30 PM
- July 6 10:30 AM
- July 24 5:30 PM
We’d love to have you join our CASA of Yellowstone County team! Use the form to the right to tell us more about how you can help. You can also call or email Ben at 259-1233, firstname.lastname@example.org, to sign up for an Information Session to learn more about how you can make a difference in the life of a child!