Upcoming Information Sessions
The first step for anyone interested in becoming a volunteer Court Appointed Special Advocate is to attend one 45-minute Information Session. To receive more information on the next session, please RSVP using the form on this page. The schedule for upcoming Information Sessions is listed below:
- Wednesday, October 7 – 11:00 AM (CASA office)
- Wednesday, October 21 – 6:00 PM (virtual)
Virtual Information Sessions are performed via Zoom. In-person Information Sessions will take place at the CASA of Yellowstone County office, located at 1201 Grand Ave. Out of precaution for our community’s health, social distancing and other guidelines will be observed to help ensure the safety of anyone interested in attending.
No specific professional background is required, but to become a CASA one must be:
- 21 years or older
- Emotionally mature and stable
One must also have:
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- A basic understanding of children and families
- The ability to work within organization guidelines
- The ability to maintain cooperative relationships with multiple agencies
- Good verbal and written communication
- Access to a computer and ability to use a computer, including working in an online classroom setting, using basic computer programs and email.
- Your own transportation
- The ability to devote 5-15 hours per month to the case
- The ability to commit to an 18-24 month case
- The ability to understand the law and courts
We’d love to have you join our CASA of Yellowstone County team! Use the form to the right to let us know if you are interested and whether you are able to attend one of the above Information Sessions. You can also contact Development Director Emily Gaudreau at (406) 259-1233 or firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about how you can make a difference in the life of a child!